Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

5.16.2014

Spring in Virginia - The Sequel

After the big festivities surrounding the yard sale on Saturday (which you can read about here), Sunday was a day of relaxation. I went to church with Sally's and Peewee's, then went to have dinner with Katie and Sherman. After a delicious dinner and visiting with Sherman's parents, we decided that some Peanut Butter Chocolate ice cream from a local ice cream shop was appropriate. Katie and Sherman rode their motorcycles, which it was a beautiful day for that.

Katie's bike is special in that it gets to sit on the walkway.

Sherman's bike isn't as special, as it has to come up out of the backyard through this tiny little gate.

Headin' out.

Katie and Sherman
The ice cream did no disappoint - it was delicious!

Myself after eating the entire waffle cone.

After the ice cream, I went over to hear Glen sing in his last choir concert. It was a good concert and Glen did a great job! I was impressed! He even had some movement during one appropriate song, which is a hard feat for my family to master.

Glen is all the way on the left. 
(He really isn't that short - I think the other guy was on a higher riser.) After the concert, which both Mom and Luke attended, we all went and had some pizza.
On Monday, I spent part of the morning playing with Sally's kids. There was some serious trampoline jumping with a homemade amp that could play very loud imaginary music.

Paul (The orange box is the amp.)

Marie

Hannah

Rachel Anne
She was the only one I couldn't get a picture of in mid-air. She can jump, but I think she was done jumping by the time I was able to take her picture.

After that, I went and had dinner with Grandma. That was a good time. We were going to go do exercises after dinner, but somehow she missed getting her ride up to the exercise floor. So then we decided to take in a program in the activities room. While waiting for the program to start, I asked her if I could take a picture with her. Right as I snapped the picture, she turned to me and said, "BOO!" We both had a good laugh over that, and then I asked if she would smile for the next picture, and she said she would try.

Myself and Grandma

After a very long visit with Grandma, I made some deliveries. Mom had given me this beautiful orchid, but I wasn't able to transport it back home with me. Rachel kindly offered to take it to her work and take care of it for me. After dropping the flower off, I took Dad a gift for his birthday/Father's Day and visited with mom, getting caught up on all of her relatives. Then I stopped at Peewee's to drop some things off. I was given a concert and supper during that visit!

Mr. Sam being his silly self.

Sam, Sky, and Bobby, and a cat that wandered into the picture.

Bobby playing "Ode to Joy" for me after Grandma informed me that he had played in a program at her home earlier. I didn't know that he was an accomplished guitarist!

Sam showing off his piano skills by playing "The Speedboat Song."

He also ventured out and played "The Computer Song," too! It was impressive!

Peewee and Bobby played a duet of "Canon in D."

There are some very accomplished musicians on the rise!

Lastly, Sam had to show me his electric guitar skills.

Tuesday was my last day in Virginia. I spent the morning with Paul, Hannah, Marie, and Rachel reading books. Before Mom arrived to go to lunch and meet up with Jul, Paul and Sally played a duet on the piano.

Paul is another talented, budding musician.

He has fun with his music, too!

One last picture of Rachel Anne.

After lunch with Mom, she took me to meet Jul who was giving me a ride to Katie's house. (Katie was taking me back to the airport early Wednesday morning.) Jul and I tried to check out some of the local shops, but most of them were closed. After Linden got home, we all went to the Johnny Appleseed Restaurant for supper.

Linden, Jul, and Katie (Sherman wasn't able to go.)

Myself with Johnny Appleseed.

And that is the end of my visit to Virginia! It was nice to experience warm weather for the weekend - I didn't have to sleep with an electric blanket and piles of other blankets to keep warm, I could wear short sleeves and sandals and not get cold - it was lovely! While I was gone, Jason got to experience one of the biggest snows for the year here at home. The schools in our town were closed for the first time this winter, and some people have told me that we got close to two feet of snow over two days. When I arrived home, most of the snow was melted, but it was about 36 degrees. Quite a difference from Virginia where they were chopping alfalfa, hauling manure, and planting gardens! I'm now ready for spring to arrive in Wyoming!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Looks like the "budding musician" in my house plays the piano in his unders! I loved the pictures and this post. I am going to have to request a concert from the Puffenbarger brothers. I have not heard these accomplishments. I'm so glad you had a good time and that the weather was warm for you. We are down in the 60's these days, which isn't bad at all, but it's not swimming weather.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!