Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

9.16.2016

Little Jo's Room

As you well know, what is supposed to be Little Jo's room later this year became the holding spot for all of our kitchen stuff during the remodel. Since the kitchen is finished, I finally got all of the kitchen stuff moved out of the room, and put some real furniture in there. (Hint: pay attention to the walls in the following pictures; there will be a quiz at the end.)

I think the first piece of furniture we acquired was the black changing table. It was a yardsale find along with a Bob jogging stroller. It is my hope to eventually
have baskets, or ThirtyOne bags, or something, sitting on the lower shelves to hold things. I need to measure and see what size the space is so I don't get something that's to big.

The second piece of furniture was this brand new, still in the box, glider rocker and ottoman, also a yardsale find. I didn't know that it actually matched the room colors until I put it together the other weekend! Jason really likes the rocker, so hopefully that means he'll spend a fair amount of time there.

Our third piece of furniture was the crib. It was an online garage sale find, and was priced drastically cheaper then all the others I had looked at on Craigslist. It doesn't match the "color scheme," and isn't in perfect condition, but it's actually more sturdy than I thought it was going to be. We still need to get a mattress for it, though.

I am still hoping to get a small, short dresser that will fit inside the closet to use for Little Jo's clothes. So far, what I have found has not been the right price, or size, so we'll just make do until we figure that out. And that concludes the tour of Little Jo's room and furniture without tubs of dishes and food packed in there!
Now for the quiz: In the above photo, you'll see a framed, rectangular, vertical mirror leaning against the wall next to the closet. It has a little shelf on the bottom and I want to hang it somewhere in the room. Which wall would you put it on and why? If it makes any difference, I believe the furniture is set up in their permanent places for now. So far, I've been advised to hang it either beside the closet or beside the window as seen in the very first photo. I've also been told that it's weird to want to hang a mirror in this room - that people don't normally put a mirror on the wall in a baby's room, or else people don't put mirrors on the walls in bedrooms at all. Tell me your honest thoughts, opinions, suggestions, etc. on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!