Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

3.06.2018

Tuesday Tip: Bed Sheets

I'm trying a new thing of sharing various tips, or tricks, I have discovered that simplify my life. I'm not sure if I have enough tips to make it happen every Tuesday, but we'll see where it goes.

Bed Sheets: Folding, Storing, and Making the Bed
I'm sure everyone has heard, or seen, that there is some viral video out there on how to fold a fitted sheet. This is not that video. Instead, this bed sheet tip is geared more towards making it easier to put the sheets on the bed.

Folding Bed Sheets
First, fold the sheets inside out. I don't know about anybody else, but my instinct is to fold everything right side out; seams in. But, I recently realized that it makes the bed-making process harder than it needs to be. So, start by folding your sheets inside out. My folding method is as follows:
First, fold in half horizontally; end to end.


Second, fold in half vertically; side to side. (See my helper?)

Third, fold in half horizontally, again; end to end.

Fourth, fold into thirds vertically; side to side. The last fold is to sandwich the entire sheet set with this flat sheet, as you'll see in a minute.

I use the exact same folding method for fitted sheets, and this is what it looks like after the second fold.

The third fold, though, I fold it into thirds horizontally; side to side.

Fourth, I fold it either in half, or thirds, whichever will fit best into my "sandwich."

Storing Bed Sheets
To store the sheets, I fold everything for that set of sheets (pillow cases, fitted sheet) inside the last fold of the flat sheet.
That last fold of the flat sheet nicely sandwiches everything into one bundle. Then, when I grab a set of sheets, everything I need for that bed is all together, and not falling off the stack.

My sister, Rachel, gets the credit for this tip: the sheets for each bed are stored in that bedroom. Preferably in a "under the bed" container under the specific bed those sheets are for. I don't have any "under the bed" containers, so I store my sheets in the closets of each room.
My "Extra Tip" is: I purposely store my sheet sets closed-end out. By having the closed-end out, I can quickly grab one bundle without having to pilfer through the layers of open-ends trying to figure out where the bottom of my bundle is. Does that make sense?

(I obviously didn't start my "bundle and store closed-end out" very long ago based on the rogue sheet set.) 
I actually can't take credit for this "one bundle, store it closed-end out" idea. I got it from Wayne, the owner/manager of a hostel where I stayed/worked in Australia.

Making the Bed
Since you folded your sheets inside out, now it should be a snap to make the bed. Unpack your bundle, and proceed to unfold the fitted sheet right onto the bed.
(There's my handy helper again!)
Since it is inside out, there is no need to unfold, and shake out, the sheet to get it so you can make the bed.

This is a freebie photo; I just like her expression here!

Continue the same process with the flat sheet...

Unfolding the sheet right onto the bed.

Since the sheets are folded inside out, they unfold right side out!

And Voila! The bed almost makes itself!

Let me know if this tip is helpful to you, or what your bed-sheet folding/making tricks are!

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of Pumkin! Especially that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to re-look at this when I get home and have some sheets that I can test on! I enjoyed all the "Helper" pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you found this method helpful, or not!

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!