Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

7.09.2013

A Day At The Lake: Part 1

 
Going to the Lake has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Most of my siblings and I all learned to water-ski there. Even though it is still a tradition for my family to go to the lake at least once each summer, I believe it has been about 5 years (or more) since I was able to go. This year, Jason and I were both able to go to the lake.

The day started out with a slow bang, it seemed. Our car-load of food and people, along with the pickup pulling the boat and hauling the paddle-
boat as well as people, arrived back at the lake about 10am. There was no one else at the picnic area yet, so we were able to claim first dibs. Shortly after we finished unloading our car-loads, Peewee's van showed up with one little person and three adults. More unloading ensued. (This was the only point in the day that the number of adults greatly out-weighed the number of little people.) Then Sally's van arrived with more little people, fewer adults, and more food! A little later, Miriam's car pulled in with an equal amount of little people, adults, and food. And last, but not least, Mr. and Mrs. R. arrived to spend some time amongst our giant "little people vs. big people" party. Finally everything was unloaded, save for putting the boat in the water. The paddle-boat had already been commissioned, and probably christened with lake water, by this time.

Uncle Luke giving Paul and Bobby one of the first rides of the day.

Sam and I working our way into the "not to cold, but not quite bath-water" lake. I was sooo glad to see the lake full of water and not completely drained down yet. It makes for a much more enjoyable boating experience, I think.

Bobby and I getting our leg work-out for the morning.

All of the land-lubbers who have not ventured into the water yet. Can you tell that we had more then enough food?

This was Jason's very first attempt at water-skiing. He was quite confused as to how a person is to function in water with skis on their feet.

Luke and Katelyn did some fantastic skiing that day.

Susannah and Marie made for a cute pair of yellow ducks amongst all the male species in the water (Bobby, Andrew, and Glen).

Sylvia and Daniel hadn't made it into the water yet, I don't think.

Little Miss Rachel was just as happy to hang out and sing to herself in her playpen.

Jason became a land-lubber after his first attempt at skiing.

Sam was having a blast running around pouring bottles of water on top of his head!

It looks like the duckling family grew! Andrew, Susannah, Marie, Hannah, Paul, and Bobby.

Sally showing everyone how it's done on one ski....

and makes a beautiful perfect landing! I don't think she even got her hair wet!

Andrew taking off for the great blue yonder with "A Day At The Lake: Part 2" just around the corner!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE these pictures! Makes me wish I had been there even more!! Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost want to cry looking at the pics. I had no idea the Rittenhouses were there. No one has said peep about it! I wish I could have been there!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year was THE best lake-day we've had... maybe since we quit going every Sunday. Aside from having my own kids there, it felt like old times. I am so glad someone was using your camera and got so many good pictures! Reading/seeing your posts make me want to try for a lake-day round 2 this summer. Maybe more locals could make it... then again later in the summer the lake might be drained... but if it keeps raining maybe not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post! I did very much get by hair wet! Luke did about the slowest, gentlest take-off ever that plowed me through the water a long time, got me completely wet, and thoroughly cleaned my sinuses! He apologized later. I very much enjoyed the day, and I'm so glad you posted these pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!