Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

9.15.2012

My Merimbula

 
 There is a river flowing from Merimbula Lake to the ocean, separating the town of Merimbula from the actual coast. This view from the bridge (looking east) shows all of the boats floating in water. At low tide, however, all of those boats are sitting on a bed of sand, looking like they ran aground. (Sadly, I can't find a picture of that!)

This view is from the bridge looking west. It was beautiful, even on a cloudy day. All of those little sticks in the water are part of the oyster farm. This river is one of the best places to grow Sydney Rock Oysters, if I remember correctly. When Julia, Linden, and I were there later in January, we toured an oyster farm and got to try a raw oyster, as well as their grilled Kilpatrick oysters.

 
On a lovely 6k bike ride to Pambula one evening, I got to see heaps of Eastern Grey kangaroos on the local golf course. As cool as they are to see, they are a huge nuisance to the golf course because they tear it up. You are almost guaranteed to see roos there every single evening.
On my way back from Pambula, I stopped and got a photo of this flowering bush. I have no idea what it is, but I thought it was pretty and unique.

I loved Merimbula. It was probably my favorite place out of everywhere I went in Oz. I considered staying there for 6 months, but decided against it in order to continue traveling the country. My hosts, Wayne and Betty, were such wonderful people and I thoroughly enjoyed working for them and spending time with them. They also introduced me to a unique little cafe that I was able to work at for the 2 weeks that I was there. It was a great experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

 
The beautiful Sapphire Coast of Merimbula. I would love to go back there someday.

1 comment:

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!