Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

5.26.2013

Colorado Bound, Episode IV

  After Pike's Peak, we headed southwest to Alamosa. Along the way, we saw some pretty mountains. I believe these were called the Spanish Peaks.

I'm not certain, but this might be the San Luis mountain range.
And the whole reason for going to Alamosa: The Great Sand Dunes National Park!

Yes, we are still in Colorado. I never knew such things existed until I met Jason. He remembers coming here with his family when he was really little and has always wanted to come back.

Footprints in the sand...

It was really windy that day and Gunther wasn't a huge fan of being sandblasted.

So I tried to shelter him from the wind and sand. It worked for a little bit.

These are really big sand dunes!

And where can you find sand dunes with snow covered mountains in the background??

It looks like someone had tried to sled down this dune, or something.

Climbing one of the smaller dunes...


The view from the dunes.


Us.

Gunther.

And trying to take an artsy photo.

The finale of the Colorado Bound series is just around the corner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!