Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

9.04.2013

August: A Little Bit of Everything!

   Actually, this post starts at the end of July before Jason came home. My friend, Shannon, and I attended a night of Frontier Days since she had never been before. We tried to dress somewhat appropriately for the event we were attending, Championship Bull Riding, and set out to try some specific carnival foods.

Shannon was going for the Australian look with Jason's kangaroo hide hat.
The scripted prayer before the bull riding starts.

And a bull rider in action! (Sorry, I don't have very good zoom on my camera.)

Shannon and I after eating a smoked turkey leg (which I highly recommend) and some deep fried red velvet Oreo's (those I don't recommend).

A couple days later, Jason came home for about 3 days before he had to leave again. One of those days, we went out rock climbing.

Jason leading his first trad route with Jake's helpful guidance and encouragement.

He's almost to the easy part!

Meanwhile, Justin was making some tape gloves, and Heather was getting some belaying instructions from Brittany.

Justin almost to the top of his trad route.

Jake chilling out just a few moves from the top of his route.

Jason belaying Jake and hopefully observing how to climb trad.
After Jason's short time at home, he left again for what was supposed to be 2 weeks and I was left to spend my birthday with just Gunther.

 To help keep me from moping about, Jake invited me to go climbing with he and Shannon one evening.

But, a pretty good storm came up and no one got to climb that day. 
The next day, Brittany and Jake hosted a birthday party for me.

The picture is kind of blurry, but Shannon made an awesome chocolate espresso cheesecake for me!!

The lovely Shannon!

Heather and her dear Benjamin.

Miss Nikki

Jake and Britt, the generous hosts.

Ben and Justin, completely enjoying a game of Apples to Apples.

Now Shannon is a very unique young woman. She is a hardcore rock climber, yet loves to dress up.

A genuine rock climbers legs; check out those muscles!!!

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!