Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

9.08.2013

August: The Things You Will Find In Wyoming

    In my last post about August, Jason had left again and was supposed to be gone for 2 more weeks. Well, three days after he left, he called me and said that his trip had been cancelled and that I needed to go pick him up the next evening. Usually when I have to make the trip to Casper, I just hop on the interstate and ride it the entire way. This time, I took a different, non-interstate route and got to see some new scenery. 
 Did you know that there are pyramids in Wyoming? If you look closely, there is one on the right side of that plateau in the back.
Up close, it doesn't look as cool, I didn't think.

I just thought these looked unique.
There were some little "population 200" towns along the way that I wish I had gotten a few photos of, as well as some spots that really reminded me of the Australian Outback. Maybe I'll get those on another trip.

 Did you know that there are yaks in Wyoming?

And camels? (Sorry it's blurry!) I've heard rumor that there is a camel dairy in Wyoming and someday, I am going to go find it!

Later in August, Mr. P. and Brad stopped by on their way to the Rocky Mountains. While they were here, we went on the scenic train ride at the Terry Bison Ranch. It was on this trip that I saw all these exotic animals!

The train stopped in the middle of a herd of buffalo and we got to hand feed some of them.


They are actually quite massive up close.

Their heads look huge, but they are hiding a small skull underneath that afro. I went to scratch one on the head and my hand disappeared in all the curly hair!!!

Brad even fed the buffalo after some convincing!


The whole herd decided to come visit after they realized we had food.

And there were little baby calves! 

Our train ride took us into Colorado for a little bit.

Brad and Mr. P. enjoying the luxury of the open train car.

And we made it safely back to Wyoming. Colorado didn't have much for scenery except greener grass. (We were actually only there for about 5 minutes.)

One of the ranches train engines, and this concludes our scenic tour of exotic animals.

 On Labor Day, I went to Veedauwoo with a bunch of climbers. I didn't climb this trip, however.

Jake at the top of a chimney called Moor Crossing.

A guy named James climbing a pretty tough crack. I cannot mention the name of this climb, as it is not exactly kosher, especially if any of the younger generation are to read this.

It was blazing hot that day, but the views were nice.

And lastly, my favorite puppy helping me make cookies.

My kitchen is pretty small, so having him help makes for some tripping over and stepping on him.
    I read in my book about Rottweilers that they are very loyal and want to be with you all the time. It actually says, "If you are thinking about getting a Rottweiler, be prepared to never go to the bathroom alone again." And I can vouch for that. Pretty much wherever I am in the house, he is there, too. If I'm in the kitchen, he's laying on the kitchen floor. Right now, he's sleeping right next to my chair. If I go to the basement, he lays at the top of the steps until I come back up. And yes, I never go to the bathroom or take a shower by myself anymore. If I am brushing my teeth or doing my hair, he is wrapped around my feet. And if he doesn't make it in the door before it shuts, he lays on the floor right outside the door.
    Gunther is 7 months old now and weighs about 70 lbs. There are times that I get really frustrated with him, like when I have taken him on two 3-4 mile runs in a day and he's still bouncing off the walls at 10pm. But he is definitely my favorite puppy and does almost everything with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!