Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

3.14.2015

Continuing the Tour

In this episode we will wander into the basement.

For those that are following the closet/pantry idea, that wall there is the closet wall. If you make the closet bigger, you cut out the ability to take
large furniture downstairs. Because you have to immediately turn at the bottom of the stairs, couches have to pretty much stand on end to go around the corner.

Welcome to the great room, family room, and entertainment room!

This is the first room that Jason put together and basically turned it into his office. (We really need to work on getting the real office put together!)

We are looking to get a nice L-shaped sectional couch for down here. But right now, my $18 garage sale couch and chair, and the $5 or $10 coffee table are sufficing.

This is supposed to be the workout area. (Or maybe a sewing corner if I ever get a sewing machine and try to sew.) Have you noticed the amount of electrical outlets and light switches in this house? I love it! It's way better than our old place with one or two outlets per room and one light switch!

Our other guest room.

I think this guest room is the biggest bedroom besides ours. I like it.

Across from the workout room and guest room is the storage under the stairs - very nice to have.

I love the laundry room! I would love to put in a utility sink down here, but don't know if that's possible. I also want to put in a base cabinet/countertop and then a clothes rack above. Again, this is all for the future.

And my favorite bathroom! This one is really nice - I don't have any changes I'm wishing for in this one.

Our utilities closet is right across from the laundry room and bathroom.

And that concludes the tour of the basement!
I haven't really thought about painting or anything in the basement. It's all been re-modeled in the last few years. What do you guys think about painting colors in the basement? I don't want it to get dark and closed in down there.
There will be another post to finish out this tour, so keep watch! (I have to go take the photos first!)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THAT BASEMENT! Oh my! It's lovely, and it looks so spacious! I wouldn't paint colors down there. I think it would detract form it. Just put great photos on the walls, and a few meaningful things like that. But, that's just my plain style. You might want something different.

    Looking forward to the next installment! There is certainly more to your house than I first thought. We might even be able to come visit you in a couple years!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!