Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

3.13.2015

Where Is Gunther?

This post is similar to the books, "Where is Waldo?" in that you can try to find Gunther in the pictures. That's just a little side gig to entertain you. The real purpose for this post is to give you a somewhat virtual tour of our new house! Please excuse the mess(es)!! And I am very open to any ideas you have for painting, decorating, etc. We still have some things to unpack and organize, as you will soon see!

The Galley Kitchen
Don't you like my dish drainer? I was originally thinking I wanted to get a collapsible dish drainer so I could put it away between uses. I realized
today that I already have a disappearing drainer - the bottom dishwasher rack! It worked splendidly and was a great improvement from my method of leaning things against the wall and stack from there!

Isn't the refrigerator the size of an elephant? I so terribly wanted to sell it and get a better fitting fridge, but Jason wouldn't let me. I'll probably appreciate it someday. The color of the kitchen is currently a light blue. I already have a good vision on what I'd like to do with this space, but it is a costly vision. So it may be a long while before it's realized.

 I really really wanted to turn that blank wall into a pantry. There is a bedroom closet on the other side of the wall. Unfortunately, after doing some measuring today, I realized that the closet only goes from the far left wall to about 12" past the counter top. So no pantry centered in the wall. I am now thinking of other ways to turn the closet into more counter/cupboard space for the kitchen. And thoughts on this would be lovely, even thoughts of, "that's a really bad idea, you should leave it as is."

The dining room.
The color in the corner changes from the light blue to a gray, or sometimes it looks light purple.

The merge into the living room.

And the living room! I think we like our current layout of this room. Just need to decide if we're going to paint, get rid of the blingy, silver, sparkly curtain, and maybe update the furniture someday. (When we moved, we learned that this couch is about 16 years old.)

The fireplace! I love the gas fireplace and it can be nice and warm. The color behind the fireplace is a mystery. It works with the slate tile, but it seems a little purple-ish to us.

This is supposed to be the office. This is an area that needs a lot of work in unpacking and organizing. I would like to get a new and better desk for Jason.

I think the wall color is a green. The black curtains are going to go away, I hope.

These characters are all hand painted. They're pretty cool, but not our style right now.

I'm not sure why, but this guy made me think of Jul!

This will hopefully be a guest room. It is currently nothing and housing our vanity and unpacked boxes.

The colors in this room are pretty much two different blues. Periwinkle comes to mind for the lighter color. The darker color boarders on a purple/blue.

The guest bathroom and Gunther's water bowl room. This one's not to bad. I really don't like the soap dispenser thing and want to take it down. Jason thought it was really cool. The wooden toilet seat will get replaced, and maybe someday a different vanity top.

A little bit of schizophrenic bathroom fixtures here - brushed nickel and gold/white.

Our bedroom which is currently purple and white. Again, don't mind the mess. I was doing laundry and rearranging some things.

Someday we're both going to have a night stand.

We have a nice walk-in closet with shelves. So I'm working on moving this dresser to another bedroom so we will only have one.

Jason absolutely loves that we have ceiling fans. And I really like this one.

This is the real schizophrenic bathroom. They covered all the fixture colors in this one.

I'm not sure why there is pink carpet in the bathroom closet. It's pretty low on my list of things to update though.

The brushed nickel corner caddy pole is my first addition to the house. It's way better than having everything sitting in the corners and on the edge of the tub. (TJ Maxx, by the way.)

I'm just not a fan of the white and gold, especially amongst the chrome, oil rubbed bronze, and brushed nickel. I think the first update to this room will be a towel rack and hand-towel holder. It lacks both.

 It's kind of a funny shaped end of the hall.
And that, my friends, concludes the tour for now. And while you might not find Gunther in every photo, he might be in more than you suspect! There are more to come...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I positively LOVE that refrigerator! That's exactly like the one I want! I'll take it off your hands in a heartbeat! But, I have to agree with Jason. If you live there very long, I bed you'll really appreciate it. Especially when Jason gets good at hunting a brings home a few rounds of buffalo all at the same time and you need to keep it cool while you trip, cut, grind, and package it. (I guess he hunts?) The rest of the house looks like a nice little spot for two people. I believe I would suffer claustrophobia in the kitchen, but then, if I only ever cooked for 2 people and we generally only ate cereal, I would probably get along o.k. I seriously love all the Winnie the Pooh characters and so on on the walls! Keep them! If we ever get out there to visit, my kids will adore them and ALWAYS remember your house. They aren't hurting those walls a bit, and besides, Jason will need something to keep his brain juices flowing while he punches the keyboard doing office work.

    Thanks for the photo tour! Can't wait to see the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE the opportunities in your house!! Of course that is "me" talking! I'm thinking ou can still have your pantry on that wall just move the closet to the center of the wall! And as far as the Hefalumps and such painted on the walls....someone has GREAT talent, but I would have nightmares! I can't wait to come out there and help you! OH! I LOVE the fireplace! It is DIVINE!!! Julia P.S I don't think that critter looks like me AT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jason and Sally on the fridge; keep it for your future kitchen or, put it in the garage and get a smaller one for the kitchen. Yuck on the shiny silver curtains, I think if you get rid of them you can keep the glitter wall behind the fireplace if you get curtains and furniture to bring out some of the other neutral colors in the slate. The critter DOES remind me of Jul, don't know why either. It doesn't look like Jul though so she is safe. I would get rid of the black curtains in a heartbeat or figure out a way to mix them in with other colors. I think a different color on the window trim will help the red brick not be so loud. What an awesome house! Hopefully I will get out there someday to see it. Thanks for the tour and keep us posted on the projects; it is so exciting to see progress in a house even if it is not my own. My progress this week is that I got one laundry basket emptied... found undershirts for Avery that I have been missing for a month. If that tells you anything about my life right now....

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!