Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

5.24.2018

Product Review: ColorLast Hair Serum by Arbonne

Pure Vibrance ColorLast Hair Serum
from Arbonne
About this Product: Pure Vibrance ColorLast Hair Serum is used to smooth your hair and give it a healthy shine while protecting from styling damage from hair dryers, straighteners, curling irons, etc. It is also supposed to help control frizz, aid in preventing your hair color (dyed) from fading, and be healthy for your hair. In looking at the ingredient list (which can be found here), it appears to have a lot of natural ingredients such as sunflower oil, lavender
oil, orange peel oil, sage, nutmeg, mandarin orange peel oil, eucalyptus, raspberry, etc. Arbonne (www.arbonne.com), the company that manufactures and sells this Hair Serum, markets their products as using "pure, botanically based ingredients." Arbonne also strives to only use ingredients that are pure, safe, and beneficial. As such, Arbonne has a "Not Allowed" list of over 2,000 ingredients that they will not use in their products- these include products that the European Union has banned from use in cosmetics, and more. (For more information, click here.) Pure Vibrance ColorLast Hair Serum is both gluten free and vegan, and does not include any artificial colors, parabens, or sulfates.

Why I chose this product: Honestly, I chose to review this product because someone mentioned  dealing with frizzy hair several weeks ago on my Burt's Bees product review, and I decided to share the one and only hair product that I use (besides shampoo and conditioner).

Cost: $31.00 for 1.7 fluid ounces (50 ml)

Use: I have had this bottle of Arbonne's ColorLast Hair Serum for not quite 5 years now. I hosted an Arbonne "party" for a friend of a friend (I can't remember her name), and used my hostess perks to purchase this product. My experience with using hair products is pretty slim, but whenever I would get my hair cut, the stylist always used Chi Silk Infusion before blow-drying my hair. I always loved the way my hair felt, and smelled, after that, and had tried a cheaper version that did not provide the same experience. After I purchased Arbonne's Pure Virbance ColorLast Hair Serum, I started using it pretty much every time I would blow-dry my hair. Depending on the length of my hair, I use one pump, or less, of product, rub it around on my fingers, and then finger-comb it through my towel-dried hair before using the blow-dryer. The one thing I do not have any experience with is how it works on dyed hair. I don't color my hair, so my experience is only based on non-dyed hair.

Conclusion: I really like this product! I can tell a huge difference in my hair when I use the Hair Serum and when I don't. Not only does it make my hair look and feel smooth, and add a bit of shine, but it also smells good! You may have noticed that the bottle is only half-empty, and that I have had the bottle for going on 5 years. I don't blow-dry my hair every day and, over the past 2 years, it has become even more in-frequent. Yes, my bottle is potentially expired, but the product does not appear to have gone bad at this time so I am continuing to use it. It even still smells good! I recently experimented with using Pure Vibrance ColorLast Hair Serum and just letting my hair air-dry, and found that it still helped with frizz, made it feel nicer, and, of course, smelled nice. And, if you dye your hair, I would think that you would get very similar results. In addition, I do like that this product does not include any artificial colors, and that the manufacturer is conscious of the ingredients they use.

Would I recommend this product? Yes, I would. Even if you don't normally use hair product, like myself, or don't blow-dry your hair, if you are wanting something to add some shine, nice scent, and help keep your hair smooth, I would highly recommend trying Pure Vibrance ColorLast Hair Serum from Arbonne. It may seem like it costs an arm and a leg, but it really doesn't take much product at all, so that little bottle will last you a long time even if you do blow-dry your hair every day. This product is only available through Arbonne and is not marketed at your regular retail stores. If you are interested in this product, I can try to get you connected with an Arbonne consultant or, you should be able to locate one via the Arbonne website at www.arbonne.com. You may be able to purchase the product directly from the website as well.

Feedback: What hair products do you use regularly (besides shampoo and conditioner), or are you like me and just wash, rinse, and air-dry 99% of the time?

*I, nor A Journey Thru Pictures Blog, was not reimbursed, paid, sponsored, or given free products for doing this review.*

3 comments:

  1. Monat's Air Dry cream and hairspray. I want to try their curl cream sometime, it is supposed to be really nice. When I air dry my hair without the air dry cream it is definitely a more "unkempt" look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with Monat. Where do you get it?

      Delete
    2. It is sold through consultants. I shop through Margaret Crick.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!