Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

12.12.2013

Along the Roads of Tasmania...

...you may find...

an Echidna. He was burrowing into his hole, so we couldn't see his face.
A speed limit sign (in kilometres, of course) and bridges. I believe that this was entering into Hobart, where we stayed one night and met some Canadians.

Tasmania is actually quite pretty.

This was either a paper mill or a log mill. I don't remember exactly. (Edit 11/08/18: This is the Norske Skog paper mill in Boyer, Tasmania.)

I think this may be a lavender field. (Jul and Linden should correct me if I'm wrong on any of this stuff.)

It's weird seeing the other side of the road, hey?

On a stop for lunch, there was a sheep herding demonstration going on for the people in the tour bus.

Following these giant pipelines to see where they go...

...and this is where they went!


After some investigating, it was determined that it was a hydro-electric plant.

The Tungatinah Power Station

So I've been trying to figure out what lake this is and it is either Lake King William or Lake Saint Clair. (Edit 11/08/18: This was Lake St. Clair on the southern end of Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park.)

This lake is on the way over Cradle Mountain which has an elevation of 5,069ft. There is also a 6 day, 40 mile hike along the mountain and lakes which is supposed to be quite spectacular.

I'm pretty sure there was a really nice visitors center here. (Edit 11/08/18: Lake St. Clair Visitors Centre.)

I apologize for the poor quality of these last few photos; somehow the camera got put onto a setting that wasn't good for the pictures we were taking.

Yet another good photo of Jul and Linden.

I really wanted to see a wombat out in the wild, but all we ever saw were the signs.

We did get to see an echidna as well as a sign!

Continuing the drive over Cradle Mountain...


There was a specific name for this mountain point, I am sure, but I don't remember it. (Edit 11/08/18: This may be Mt. Ida.)

Honeybees, anyone?


On the western side of Cradle Mountain there is Lake Burbury.

The drive down the mountain was absolutely beautiful.

Join me in my next post to see Western Tasmania!

1 comment:

  1. I THINK YOU HAVE BEEN RIGHT ON THE PICS SO FAR. I CANT REMEBER EVEN 1/2 OF WHERE STUFF WAS ANYMORE. WHEN I GET OUR PICS IN AN ALBUM I WILL LET YOU NAME EVERYTHING!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!