Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

12.09.2013

Happy Anniversary & Merry Christmas!

This December, Jason and I celebrated our 1st anniversary and a little bit of Christmas all at once.
After I came home from work the night of our anniversary, I found my gift from Jason wrapped with a blanket. It was a gift that keeps on giving, as it is for our anniversary, Christmas, my next birthday, next anniversary, next Christmas, etc.

He had gone and gotten me a piano! He let me know that this is a multiple occasion gift, as well. I was shocked! I knew he had been sneaking
around about something for a long time and that there were multiple people involved, but I didn't know that it was over a piano.

It is a Yamaha electric piano and is one of the nicest electric pianos I have ever played. Jason did his research for many months and got me the best piano that will be best for us. It is lightweight - 100lbs. he said, and never needs tuning - which with our extreme cold and heat each year, an acoustic piano would always need tuning. It is the best gift I have gotten!!!! And I'm okay with not getting any other gifts for a very long time!

I did catch Jason playing around on it one morning. He almost wouldn't let me take a photo of him, but I found it rather endearing to see him playing on the piano. As our house is rather small, the piano has displaced our two living room chairs. I think I have figured out where I can put one of the chairs (if it will fit), but the other one will definitely have to go into storage, I think. I'm okay with making that sacrifice, though.

To further celebrate our anniversary, Jason wanted to go spend an evening in Fort Collins. He took along some wine and our half a cake top from Jamaica.


I have to confess, I did not want to save the cake in the freezer for an entire year. I wanted to eat it while it was still good. But Jason is somewhat sentimental and insisted that we freeze at least half of it, so we did. And he was so happy to get it out and eat it again on our anniversary. It really wasn't that bad, if you ate out of the middle of the cake. The edge tasted a bit freezer burnt, however. Jason said it was the rum in the Jamaican Rum Cake that preserved it so well!

For the last part of our anniversary celebration, we had dinner at the Melting Pot. It was delicious as always (we went there once about 2 years ago) and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Now you have the scoop on our anniversary, early Christmas, into-next-year gift and celebration!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting for you both! And you pulled off the surprises pretty well, I'd say! Happy anniversary to a beautiful couple! I like how you brought back your fuchsia colors from your wedding to your anniversary dinner in you scarf! Love, Peewee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just LOVE your Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!