Photo Disclaimer

All photos on "A Journey Thru Pictures" blog are property of the author. Please refrain from copying photos without permission. -Thank you.

12.18.2012

Our Wedding Trip - Day 1

   Jason and I were leaving for Jamaica for our wedding and honeymoon on a Monday morning. Our flight was supposed to leave at 7:50am. The night before, we were discussing what time we needed to leave, what time to get up, and what we needed to make sure and take. (Passports, wedding rings, wedding dress, and suit were among the most important things on the list!) It was about 10:00pm that night when we were discussing these things. Jason was in the midst of packing and I was in the midst of repairing the tile in the bathtub. We both agreed that we needed to get to the airport about an hour to an hour and a half before our flight. Thus, we agreed to leave about 5:30-6:00am. So I set my alarm for 5:00am, planning for that to give me enough time to put the finishing touches on the grout and get myself ready to go, and then I went to bed.
   My alarm woke me up at 5:00am as it was supposed to. I go and finish the grouting, finish a few dishes in the kitchen, and go to get myself ready. That is when I look at the clock and see that it is 5:52am. I run out to the living room where Jason was fast asleep on the couch and tell him to wake up, it's almost 6! He jumps up and tears around getting ready and takes all the luggage out to the car. I lock up the house and off we go, leaving our place about 6:15am. That is when reality set in. The reality that it takes a minimum of 2 hours to get to the airport. Both of us have made the drive many times, but for some reason, neither one of us realized our miscalculation the night before. So needless to say, we booked it down the road.
   Even though we made record time, our time of arrival at the airport was exactly 7:50am. We went to the check-in counter and were told the
obvious news that our flight had just left. After some research, we found out that the next flight to Jamaica would be at 11:55pm, Monday night. That would get us to Jamaica about 8:30am Tuesday morning, I believe. We got ourselves booked onto that flight and settled into some chairs to work on our next issue: the wedding.
   In order to get married in Jamaica, they require you to be in the country for at least 48 hours. Since we were originally supposed to get there Monday, we were scheduled to have our wedding on the beach on Wednesday afternoon. We called the resort and explained the situation. They checked their schedule and said they could move our wedding to Thursday, but would have to check with the minister on what time he was available. So because of our "blonde moment," "senior moment," "brain-dead moment," or what-have-you, we forfeited one nights stay at the resort and had to post-pone our wedding. Our next dilemma was: do we stay at the airport all day? or do we go try and find something interesting to do?
   That, my friends, is how Jason and I ended up spending the first day of our wedding trip in......

Golden, Colorado!!!
Our first stop was west of Golden, up on top of a mountain at a shrine. We sat in the car in the parking lot and took a nap. After that, we decided to venture on a tour of a well-known place in Golden:
 Coors Brewery.

We took the tour and got our pass for 3 free beers, of which we only drank a small bit of two different kinds. 
(Coors is not a quality, good beer on my cultured palate.)

This was a cool 3-D painting on a huge cement patio in front of the brewery.

After our lovely tour of how to make beer, we went exploring up a mountain road which took us to Buffalo Bill's grave.

I went and wandered around the top of the mountain while Jason took another nap in the car.
This is the Coors Brewery from the mountain.

This photo shows Denver, Colorado, in the distance, which is about 30 minutes away. 
(It's also the place we should've gotten to a lot earlier that morning!)

The rest of the photos are just scenic photos from our mountain excursion.



And that is how we spent the first day of our wedding trip!


2 comments:

  1. Memorable. :) And at least you still had a good day even if it wasn't as planned. Love the scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so, so interesting! I'd say you guys handled this far better than I would have. I might have exploded if I found out I'd made that mistake.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments: thoughts, constructive criticism, response, etc. Thanks for sharing with me!